Real Estate - Current Industry News sources:National Association of Realtors, Inman, Forbes, Realtor.com, Realtytimes.com
Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- Real (Estate) Talk: What one realty firm is doing to boost Black homeownershipby Lee Davenport on June 19, 2021 at 1:00 am
This year, the federal government has taken steps to recommit to fair housing, but what can be done locally? Here’s what this Wisconsin firm is doing to help would-be homebuyers overcome barriers to homeownership.
- Ahead of Juneteenth, Atlanta Realtors Association apologizes for history of discriminationby Lillian Dickerson on June 18, 2021 at 5:13 pm
The Atlanta Realtors Association issued the first apology in its 111-year history to members and the communities they serve for its history of discriminatory practices while making a commitment to supporting an inclusive community in the future.
- What agents and their buyers need to know about escalation clausesby Lillian Dickerson on June 18, 2021 at 3:14 pm
An escalation clause can help buyers gain a crucial edge in today’s seller’s market, but these offer addendums need to be handled with care.
- Johnny Depp’s rustic-chic home might not be rustic-chic at allby Veronika Bondarenko on June 18, 2021 at 2:22 pm
Celebrity home stagers revealed to Inman the tips and tricks they use to capture the perfect photo of a celebrity home. Often what you see in a star’s listing is far from reality.
- The Real Word: Why are there discrepancies in appraisals?by Byron Lazine on June 18, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Watch Byron Lazine and Nicole White give a real estate agent’s perspective on industry-related topics. In this edition of The Real Word, they’ll invite Warren Sumner to discuss the appraisal process, plus Dave Ramsey vs. eXp, and a property website that was awarded a Webby honor.
Forbes – Real Estate Forbes – Real Estate
- Lazier Focused: A Family Legacy Rises In Vail, Coloradoby Ellen Paris, Contributor on June 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The late Bob Lazier, one of Vail Valley’s pioneer developers and a much-loved community and business leader, began the project in 2006.
- South Florida Luxury Buyers Aiming To Supersizeby Jeffrey Steele, Contributor on June 18, 2021 at 1:00 pm
A post Great Recession trend to build smaller, not larger, South Florida homes has led to increased demand for a limited supply of larger residences. Developers and marketers of luxe properties are vying in creative ways to meet that demand.
- 10 Financial Commercial Lease Clauses Tenants Need To Understandby Marc Betesh, Forbes Councils Member on June 18, 2021 at 11:00 am
To receive the benefits of a well-managed portfolio of leases and also reduce the risks, you’ll need to have a firm understanding of what is in your leases.
Daily News Each weekday, REALTOR ® Magazine applies a real estate lens to top headlines from major news sources and trend reports, alongside timely updates from NAR.
- Buyer Competition Shows Signs of Easing—Somewhaton June 18, 2021 at 5:00 am
“The housing market was going 100 miles per hour and now it’s down to 80,” says one real estate chief economist.
- 30-Year Rates Average 2.93% This Weekon June 18, 2021 at 5:00 am
Check out this chart that shows how much monthly payments can change when rates rise by just 0.3%, 0.5%, and 1%.
- Meaningful Ways for Real Estate Pros to Recognize Juneteenthon June 18, 2021 at 5:00 am
President Joe Biden signed a bill this week declaring Juneteenth a federal holiday. Here are ideas for commemorating the historic moment for Black Americans.