Real Estate - Current Industry News sources:National Association of Realtors, Inman, Forbes, Realtor.com, Realtytimes.com
Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- CoreLogic launches ‘dramatically’ more accurate new AVMby Patrick Kearns on October 21, 2020 at 8:13 pm
The automated valuation model uses CoreLogic’s property records database to crunch data from more than 99.9 percent of U.S. properties, spanning more than 50 years, and is aimed at working for all business use cases without sacrificing hit rate.
- Mortgage purchases forecasted to set a record in 2021by Patrick Kearns on October 21, 2020 at 6:49 pm
The Mortgage Bankers Association on Wednesday predicted that purchase origination volume would grow 8.5 percent year over year to a new record of $1.54 trillion in 2021.
- In light of Google lawsuit, are monopolies lurking in the real estate industry?by Brad Inman on October 21, 2020 at 4:41 pm
On Tuesday, the U.S. Justice Department accused Google of illegally protecting its monopoly over search and search advertising. It begs the question, are there real estate monopolies?
- 5 smart things top agents are doing that you should implement nowby Andrea V. Brambila on October 21, 2020 at 2:07 pm
OJO Labs CEO John Berkowitz and Chief Product Officer Charles Myslinsky revealed five bright ideas during an Inman Connect Now session on Tuesday.
- Zillow co-founder Spencer Rascoff’s new company starts trading todayby Patrick Kearns on October 21, 2020 at 1:47 pm
Supernova Partners Acquisition Company, Inc., the former Zillow chief executive’s special purpose acquisition company, upsized its initial public offering due to high demand.
Forbes – Real Estate Forbes – Real Estate
- Accessible Custom Furniture And Decor Is The Next Big Interior Design Trendby Amanda Lauren, Contributor on October 21, 2020 at 6:23 pm
Accessible, quick-ship custom furniture might be the most important design trend of 2020.
- Toni Morrison’s Tribeca Loft Comes On The Market, With Many Of Her Personal Artifacts On Displayby Amy Dobson, Senior Contributor on October 21, 2020 at 1:24 pm
Toni Morrison’s condo in Tribeca’s Textile Building is one of the few units available in the building.
- Cuomo Extends New York Eviction Ban—Againby Noah Kirsch, Forbes Staff on October 21, 2020 at 1:07 pm
New York governor Andrew Cuomo extended the ban on Covid-related commercial evictions, which had been set to expire on October 20.
Daily News Each weekday, REALTOR ® Magazine applies a real estate lens to top headlines from major news sources and trend reports, alongside timely updates from NAR.
- Homebuilding Is Booming, But Is It Enough?on October 21, 2020 at 5:00 am
Housing starts hit their highest level in 13 years as buyers flood the new-home market.
- Some Owners Turn to Home Equity to Help Adult Children Buyon October 21, 2020 at 5:00 am
More than 40% of first-time buyers have received down payment assistance from a family member, survey shows.
- 4 Yard Updates That Boost Curb Appealon October 21, 2020 at 5:00 am
Here’s what you can do to make a better first impression on buyers shopping from afar during the pandemic.